Boogie Down Storytime at Morning Glory Garden
Boogie Down Storytime is a family-friendly experience that cultivates early literacy awareness through joyful reading experiences. Each storytime is led by our Storytime Manager Wesley Sanders, generally lasts about 45-60 minutes, and includes:
- Interactive read-aloud by an author, illustrator, or educator
- Q&A so young readers can engage directly with the reader
- Routines like mindful breathing that build social-emotional skills
- Welcome shoutouts to honor each individual child in our community
- Movement inspired by the book, led by Bronx yoga teacher Jazy Cintron
Space at outdoor sites is extremely limited (5-10 families total, depending on the site). Pre-registration is required. Reserve your family’s spot now to guarantee a space!
Need assistance to join us? Email email@example.com.
This event will take place at Morning Glory Garden (1221 Hoe Avenue) in the Bronx. Please note the following:
- Boogie Down Books reserves the right to cancel on location events for any reason, including but not limited to weather and safety concerns. Cancelled events will be refunded but not rescheduled.
- Boogie Down Books does not provide yoga mats or seating for on location events. Attendees are advised to bring their own chairs, mats, towels, or blankets if desired.
- There is a risk of exposure to COVID-19 at all in-person events. Attendees assume all safety risks and agree to hold Boogie Down Books harmless for all incidents including exposure to COVID-19.
- Attendees over the age of 2 must wear masks at all times, regardless of vaccination status, when less than 6 feet away from anyone not in their household. Violators will be asked to leave the event and will not be permitted to register for future events.
- Public restrooms, water, and/or shade may not be available at our outdoor sites. Please plan accordingly.
- We will do our best to ensure that all young readers are able to see the pictures during the reading, but social distancing guidelines may make this difficult. Please consider purchasing a copy of the book during registration.