If you are looking for classic Italian specialties in the Bronx, be sure to head to Arthur Avenue- the real Little Italy. There you’ll find everything from Easter bread to pizza rustica for all of your Easter needs.
Here’s what you can find:
- Easter Egg Bread from Addeo & Sons Bakery, Madonia Bakery & Terranova Bakery – The bakeries of Bronx Little Italy are world-renowned for their freshness, and Easter Egg Bread is no exception. The traditional Italian woven and glazed enriched dough with hardboiled egg “baskets” are not only delicious but are beautiful enough to serve as your Easter table’s centerpiece.
- Pizza Rustica from Joe’s Italian Deli, Tino’s Deli & Catering, and Mike’s Deli – Pizza Rustica is a dense and savory Italian Easter Pie stuffed with a variety of meats, cheeses, and eggs. This delicacy is just a click or a call away, as shipping and delivery are available.
- Traditional Easter Meat from Biancardi’s Meat Market, Peter’s Meat Market, and Vincent’s Meat Market – Head to Biancardi’s, Peter’s or Vincent’s to get your baby lamb, legs of lamb, and baby goats, which are all traditionally served on Easter. A show-stopping roast found at these establishments makes for delectable star of your Easter meal as well.
- An Assortment of Cake, Pastries, and Sweets – The aromas from neighborhood pastry shops are so irresistible, it is hard to choose just one! Must-tries are the traditional Italian Grain/Wheat Cheesecake from Artuso Pastry Shop, assorted pastries from DeLillo Pastry Shop, cannoli from Egidio Pastry Shop, marzipan lambs from Gino’s Pastry Shop, and struffoli, or “honey balls”, from Morrone Pastry Shop and Café. Even sweeter – shipping is available at all shops (on select products).
- Chocolate Easter Eggs from Cerini Coffee & Gifts, and Marie’s Fresh Roasted Coffee Beans & Gifts – Looking to fill up Easter baskets for the kids or to set up your egg hunt? Leading up to the holiday, customers can find a plethora of Chocolate Easter Eggs in a variety of chocolates, fillings, and even some filled with toys at Cerini Coffee & Gifts and Marie’s Fresh Roasted Coffee Beans & Gifts.
- Ravioli & Pasta from Borgatti’s Ravioli & Egg Noodles and Enzo’s On-the-Go – Nothing says an Italian feast quite like pasta! Borgatti’s is offering (and shipping) freshly made manicotti, ravioli, and Easter-favorite lasagna. In addition, a “to-go” version of a neighborhood favorite, Enzo’s, will be selling a variety of their own fresh pasta including fussili and gnocchi from their convenient location in the Arthur Avenue Retail Market.
- Fresh Seafood from Randazzo’s Seafood and Cosenza’s Fish Market – Don’t fret about what to eat on meat-free Fridays during Lent! Both Randazzo’s Seafood and Cosenza’s Fish Market on Arthur Avenue offer an extensive variety of fresh seafood including shrimp, branzino, octopus, calamari, mussels, eels, clams, and lobster.
- Holiday “Spirit” at Arthur Cantina Wine & Liquor and Mount Carmel Wine & Spirits – Wine & liquor stores in Bronx Little Italy carry an array of fine wines and liquors including traditional Italian favorites. The knowledgeable staff are also available to make great pairing recommendations for your Easter meal.
For more information, visit www.bronxlittleitaly.com.