Are you looking for summer camps in the Bronx? Did you know that Maritime College offers fun summer camp options? Registration is coming up for Maritime Adventure Camps where kids can experience sailing, learn to operate a powerboat, explore marine science, and more.
Campers in the program get to:
- Sail aboard dinghies, catamarans, and keelboats with an instructor and your friends as crew.
- Learn to safely operate a powerboat with hands-on training.
- Earn your New York State Boating Safety Certificate (10 years old and up).
- Explore marine science through fishing and seining for marine organisms, learning the fundamentals of naval architecture, and much more.
- Paddle in kayaks and balance on stand-up paddleboards.
- Swim, dive and reach for the sky on the climbing wall in the pool. Test your balance and build confidence on the pool log roll.
- Splash in the East River on a water trampoline and other water toys.
- Enjoy games and activities that foster self-confidence, communication, and teamwork skills.
Maritime offers a camp for incoming 3rd and 4th graders as well as 5th through 9th. Camp activities take place at the SUNY Maritime College campus, boat basin, and on the East River and Long Island Sound. Financial assistance is available.
For more information visit www.sunymaritime.edu.