Tis the season! I think we can all agree that this holiday season has come upon us full speed. And with so little time to plan your holiday bucket list, we want to make sure you don’t forget to make Holiday Lights at the Bronx Zoo a part of the festivities. Presented by Con Edison, Bronx Zoo Holiday Lights runs now through January 8 and is a fun experience for the entire family.
Holiday Lights is a fully outdoor experience at the Bronx Zoo where families can enjoy the magic of seeing the Bronx Zoo decked out in holiday lights with the ultimate animal twist. After returning in 2019, each year the event gets bigger and better- complete with light shows, train rides, ice carving, s’mores making, and more!
There are also some special nights on the line-up, including:
- a special sensory-inclusive night on November 29 with modifications to make the experience more sensory friendly
- Pajama party weekend on December 2-4
- Holiday carolers from December 26 to 30
- An early family-friendly new year countdown on New Year’s Eve
- An illuminated playground from January 6-8
What to expect:
- Lantern trails: more than 360 lanterns representing almost 90 animal and plant species. Visitors can explore Africa, Asia, Latin America, North America & oceans
- Light show experiences: photo opps, synchronized musical light performances, and a walk-through light tunnel
- Holiday train rides
- Ice carving demonstrations
- Costumed stilt-walkers
- Seasonal treats
- Wildlife theater
Holiday Lights at the Bronx Zoo runs on select dates through January 8th. Tickets for Holiday Lights must be purchased in advance and are date specific. WCS members receive a 40-percent discount. Members at the Conservation Supporter level will receive free admission to Holiday Lights.
Special savings for Bronxmama readers
For more information, visit www.bronxzoo.com.