The Bronx Museum is seeking teens (ages 14-19) for a three-month paid internship. Teens will have the opportunity to explore the arts, be part of a museum, collaborate with peers, and improve their resume.
Created in 2005, the Bronx Museum Teen Council provides a paid opportunity for teens to develop art and collaboration skills and engage deeply with the Museum and New York’s contemporary art scene. During the school year, a group of teens work closely with Museum educators to explore art and the museum space through artist interviews, visual art and media projects, zine publication, and the curation of a teen art exhibit.
Teen Council interns will:
• Create zines, small publications containing original artwork from Council members.
• Learn about and contribute to a contemporary art museum.
• Learn media production and editing techniques.
• Organize an exhibition of teen art work at the Bronx Museum.
• Develop work experience for their resume.
• Be part of a community of teens and make new friends.
• Get paid for your work.
• Fall session Teen Council members meet for two hours a session, twice a week (Mondays and Wednesdays from 4:30 – 6:30 PM) from late October-early February. Members will have the option of applying to also participate in the spring session from late February-early June.
• Fall session meetings will take place in person at the Bronx Museum (1040 Grand Concourse, Bronx, NY 10456.)
• The Bronx Museum Teen Council is a paid internship. Participants are paid a $30 stipend for each 2-hour session.
• Applicant must be between 14-19 years old
• Applicant must be entering 9th – 12th grades in the 2022-2023 school year or enrolled in a New York State High School Equivalency Diploma Program
The deadline to apply is Wednesday, October 5, 11:59 PM. To apply, visit here.