The Bronx Museum is seeking teens (ages 14-19) for a three-month hybrid paid internship. Explore the arts, be part of a museum, collaborate with your peers, and improve your resume.
WHAT IS THE BRONX MUSEUM TEEN COUNCIL?
Created in 2005, the Bronx Museum Teen Council offers opportunities for young people to engage deeply with contemporary art and the museum space. In this intensive after-school program, teens express and discuss ideas and create art relating to issues affecting young people today.
WHAT DOES TEEN COUNCIL DO?
During the school year, a group of high school teens work closely with Museum educators and staff and explore art through artist interviews, media projects, studio time, zine publication, and exhibition curation.
• Spring Session Teen Council members will meet for two hours a session, twice a week (Mondays and Wednesdays from 4:30 – 6:30 PM) from late February – mid June. The program will most likely be hybrid, with most initial sessions taking place over Zoom, and most sessions after March being in-person at the Bronx Museum, public health guidelines permitting.
• The Bronx Museum Teen Council is a paid internship. Participants are paid a stipend for each session.
• Applicants must be between 14-19 years old and entering 9th-12th grades in the 2021-2022 school year or enrolled in a New York State High School Equivalency Diploma Program.
• Due to current NYC mandate and the likelihood this program will have an in-person component, you must be fully vaccinated. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
• You’ll be asked to fill out some basic information, answer longer questions about yourself, and include an artwork sample and optional letter of recommendation.
• Expect an email from us in mid February regarding next steps.