The “It’s Time for Hip Hop in NYC” concert series —produced by New York City, the Universal Hip Hop Museum, and IDEKO —will feature a dynamic lineup of Hip Hop, Latin freestyle, dance, freestyle, techno, and funk artists in The Bronx, Staten Island, Brooklyn and Queens. In celebration of New York City’s comeback and as part of NYC Homecoming Week, August 14th to 22nd, all concert tickets are free.
Free tickets for all four concerts will be released to the public in batches starting on Monday, August 2 at 10 a.m. EDT. Additional free ticket release dates and times are as follows:
- Tuesday, August 3 at 7 a.m. EDT
- Wednesday, August 4 at 9 p.m. EDT
- Thursday, August 5 at 7 a.m. EDT
- Friday, August 6 at 10 a.m. EDT
- Saturday, August 7 at 9 p.m. EDT
For ticketholders, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for entry (see below). Bring proof of vaccination that shows you have had at least one dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine, such as Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, or AstraZeneca/Oxford.
Attendees can present proof of vaccination by showing their:
· CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Card;
· A photo (digital or printout) of their CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card;
· New York City COVID SAFE App; or
· New York State Excelsior Pass. (Note: You do not have to be a New York State resident to obtain an Excelsior Pass, however, you must be fully vaccinated to use the pass. Examples: Second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, the single dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine.)
In accordance with City of New York requirements, all attendees who are age 12 or over must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination to enter an NYC Homecoming Week Concert or Film Screening.
Unvaccinated minors under the age of 12 may accompany a vaccinated adult. Face coverings are required for unvaccinated minors under the age of 12 and who are over age two and medically able to tolerate a face-covering.
Persons who are unable to get vaccinated because of a disability will be provided reasonable accommodation.
An attendee who is not able to get vaccinated because of a disability will be required to:
· Sign an attestation to that effect to enter the concert
· Present proof of a negative COVID PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) test taken within 72 hours prior to the event
o To find a testing site near you, visit https://nyc.gov/covidtest or text “COVID TEST” to 855-48.
· If medically able to tolerate a face-covering, wear a mask for the entire duration of the event.
Register for your tickets here.