What a cold snowy winter we’ve had so far. This Spring, animals won’t be the only thing coming out of hibernation! So why not kick off the warm weather by getting a group together for this year’s Run for the Wild 5K Run & 3K Run/Walk at the Bronx Zoo on April 24th. Check out some reasons why we think you should join in on the fun along with a special Bronxmama promo code.
The most obvious, of course, is being able to enjoy 265 acres of nature after binging Netflix for 3 months. All participants will enjoy exclusive access to the zoo on race day, as it will be closed to the general public. This includes Children’s Zoo, Congo Gorilla Forest, Bug Carousel and Nature Trek for those making it a family affair. Registered participants who meet the minimum $35 fundraising requirement will also receive free parking and race-day swag, including the official WCS RFTW 2021 t-shirt, race bib and finisher’s medal! Only adults and seniors are required to meet the fundraising minimum.
Making a Difference: Make Tracks for Lemurs
Animal lovers stand up! This year’s Run for the Wild is all about lemurs! Found only in Madagascar, these animals are being threatened by deforestation, bushmeat hunting, live capture for the exotic pet trade, and climate change. Our friends at the Wildlife Conservation Society have worked in Madagascar for more than 20 years, with the goal of ensuring the long-term conservation of the country’s unique biological diversity.
A Fun Day with Friends & Family
While Zoom and Facetime have helped us keep in touch with loved ones during the pandemic, there is nothing like spending the day together in real life. Run for the Wild allows us to gather with friends safely outdoors, all while getting some much needed exercise. Old running friends can sign up for the 5K while families with younger children can enjoy the 3K Walk/Run while they plan which exhibits and features to enjoy first, like:
- Photo ops
- Costumed characters
- Stilt walkers
- Puppet adventures at the Wildlife Theater
Represent The Bronx!
With the Bronx Zoo right in our backyard, why not show support and represent by forming some fun Bronx team names! You can start a team, join an existing one, or simply register as an individual.
Let’s Do This
So drop this link in a group text and let friends and family know what you’ll be doing on April 24th. You can be sure to let them know that The Bronx Zoo has taken every precaution to make this a safe and enjoyable event by:
- Limiting total capacity and staggered, capped heats (400-500 participants per heat, every 30 minutes beginning at 8:30AM and continuing through 12:30PM) to also ensure adequate space for social distancing. No spectators will be in attendance, providing additional space
- Having sanitizing stations available throughout the park for frequent hand washing
- Making all interactions in-park contactless. Race-day swag (t-shirts and bibs) will be mailed to participants prior to race day, removing the need for onsite check-in
- Making sure in-park regulations adhere to CDC & NYS guidelines, which may include onsite health assessment screening.
Bronxmama Promo Code for Run for the Wild
Ready to register? Interested participants can receive $5 off registration with promo code BRONXMAMARFTW.
For more information, visit wcsrunforthewild.org.