The Bronx Museum is seeking teens (ages 14-19) for this four-month virtual paid internship. Explore the arts, be part of a museum, collaborate with your peers, and improve your resume.
WHAT IS THE BRONX MUSEUM TEEN COUNCIL?
Created in 2005, the Bronx Museum Teen Council provides a paid opportunity for teens to develop art and collaboration skills and engage deeply with the Museum and New York’s contemporary art scene. During the school year, a group of teens work closely with Museum educators to explore art and the museum space through artist interviews, visual art and media projects, zine publication, and the curation of a teen art exhibit.
Check out what Teen Council has done in the past here.
WHAT DOES THE TEEN COUNCIL DO?
• Create zines, small publications containing original artwork from Council members.
• Learn about and contribute to a contemporary art museum.
• Learn media production and editing techniques.
• Organize an exhibition of teen art work at the Bronx Museum.
• Develop work experience for your resume.
• Be part of a community of teens and make new friends.
• Get paid for your work.
• Spring session Teen Council members meet for two hours a session, twice a week (Mondays and Wednesdays from 4:30 – 6:30 PM) from late February-early June.
• The Bronx Museum Teen Council is a paid internship. Participants are paid a stipend for each session.
• You must be between 14-19 years old
• You must be in 9th – 12th grades in the 2020-2021 school year or enrolled in a New York State High School Equivalency Diploma Program
DEADLINE: Thursday, February 11, 11:59 PM
For more information and to apply, visit bronxmuseum.wufoo.com.