With children learning from home this year, families will need to stock up on plenty of healthy snack options. So Stop & Shop is here to help. Running through early October, the Stop & Shop Back-to-School Snack Program will provide a free bag of better-for-you snacks, as well as hand sanitizer and sidewalk chalk, to students who visit one of the supermarket’s 27 New York City stores and hosting the program. Snack items include RX Kids™ bars, Whisps®, Sparkling Ice® water, MadeGood® bars and crispy squares, CLIF Kid Z-Bar® and Creative Roots drinks.
Below are the participating Bronx locations:
- 5716 Broadway
- 691 Co Op City Blvd.
- 2136 Bartow Ave.
- 961 E 174th St.
- 1720 E Chester Rd.
Each bag contains snacks that will appeal to students of all ages:
- RX Kids™ Double Chocolate Bar: a protein bar for kids
- Whisps®: light, crunchy cheese crisps that are delicious low-carb, high-protein snack
- Sparkling Ice®: Sparkling Water. Zero Sugar. Full of Flavor
- MadeGood® Chocolate Banana Bars & Chocolate Chip Crispy Squares: better-for-you versions of beloved treats!
- CLIF Kid Z-Bar®: organic energy snack made for kids
- Creative Roots: plant-powered hydration in a variety of fruit flavors
The bag will also include a bottle of Life to Go hand sanitizer, as well as a sidewalk chalk set.
Each store will have a weekly distribution where parents and kids can go to a designated table to receive their free bag of snacks. The parent, guardian or child will be requested to show a school I.D., and there is a limit of 1 snack bag per child, per week. The distribution dates vary by store, and customers can look for a sign at their local store to indicate when the event will take place each week.
Snack bag distribution varies by week, so customers are encouraged to check with their local participating store for details. For more information about how Stop & Shop is supporting its local communities during the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit http://www.stopandshop.com/