We’re excited to share some fun news from Arthur Avenue. Danielle Oteri & Christian Galliani, founders of Arthur Avenue Food Tours, are launching a live cooking class and virtual tour of Little Italy in the Bronx as well as a 6-week virtual trip to the South of Italy. Get ready to wine, dine and learn about historic Italian culture through these virtual classes and programs.
About A Taste of Arthur Avenue: A Cooking Class and Tour of Little Italy in the Bronx
On June 4, 8:00:PM – 9:00PM, Danielle & Christian, in partnership with MOFAD, Museum of Food and Drink, will host their ‘A Taste of Arthur Avenue: A Cooking Class and Tour of Little Italy in the Bronx’ and talk about the history of the most intact Little Italy in the United States. This New York City institution, which includes the iconic Arthur Avenue, features the best, authentic Italian restaurants, butchers, bakers, fish markets, delis, pastry shops, artisan shops and specialty stores. Local businesses are often owned and operated by the same families that founded them nearly a century ago and a few owners will also join the class to talk about how they are adapting their longstanding family businesses to the new normal shaped by COVID-19.
Tickets for A Taste of Arthur Avenue: A Cooking Class and Tour of Little Italy in the Bronx are available at three levels. Deadline to sign up is Friday, May 29. (NOTE: Shipping is included in the cost)
- Reserved ticket ($25)
- Reserved ticket plus an ingredient box ($80)
- Highest quality spaghetti from Benevento in Southern Italy, formed on copper rollers and slow-dried to be porous and absorb the sauce
- Canned cherry tomatoes
- Mediterranean oregano
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, aged 22 months
- Reserved ticket plus an ingredient box and a 34 oz can of extra virgin olive oil from Sicily ($100)
About “Virtual Italy Vacation Summer 2020
Starting on June 15, Danielle & Christian will be bringing Italy to homes across the nation through a 6-week cookbook club featuring all the best that South Italy has to offer. This new program offered by Feast On History, a travel agency founded by the two, will give folks the chance to learn how to cook the Mediterranean diet, take in its historical treasures, and explore its unique wine culture through six video cooking classes, six interactive wine classes, three cultural tours and a weekly cocktail hour. To get a taste of Italy, optional add-ons include various F&B boxes from the Little Italy in the Bronx, such as curated wine provided by Arthur Cantina, fresh ingredients provided by Cerini Coffee & Gifts, Joe’s Italian Deli and more.
Various program levels for the “Virtual Italy Vacation Summer 2020” are available. (NOTE: Sign up past June 15 is also available and materials will still be sent, state restrictions may apply)
- Full 6 week Virtual Vacation in Cilento ($175)
- All the cooking videos (recorded versions available)
- All the wine classes (recorded versions available 48 hours after the lives classes)
- All the art & history classes (recorded versions available 48 hours after the lives classes)
- Daily emails with stories and dispatches directly from Italy
- Facebook community
- Weekly cocktail hour
- Printed journal to take notes on your experience
- Cooking videos and recipes only ($150)
- Interactive wine classes only ($150)
- Art and History classes only ($90)
For more information, visit www.arthuravenuefoodtours.com.