Due to Covid-19, Con Edison will not be shutting service off for non-payment at this time.
Here is how they are trying to help:
• Your service will not be shut off for non-payment.
• Waiving new late-payment fees.
• Suspending no-access fees if we can’t read your meter.
• No fees for making payments with credit cards or debit cards.
• Suspending fees for refusing smart meter installations
• Most customers can arrange for payment extensions and agreements online through My Account.
Please note these other changes to operations:
• Walk-in centers are closed as of Wednesday, March 18. The best way to do business with us is through My Account on conEd.com. Our call center is open, but wait times may be longer than usual. You can reach us at 1-800-75-CONED (1‑800‑752‑6633).
• Your meter will still be read if it’s outside or in an uninhabited building space. If you have an indoor meter, you can report your usage online.
If you have an appointment with, please let Con Edison know if you or anyone on your premises is quarantined by calling 1-800-75-CONED (1-800-752-6633).
Con Edison remains ready to respond to emergencies. For more information, visit www.coned.com.