As if we needed any excuses to head over to Arthur Avenue- here’s a really good one. Little Italy in the Bronx will be hosting their first ever Winter Restaurant Week on weekdays from February 3rd to 13th. Diners have the opportunity to enjoy $20 three-course, prix-fixe lunch and $30 three-course, prix=fixe dinner at participating restaurants.
Participating restaurants include:
- Ann & Tony’s – Established in 1927 by Eugenio and Rosa Napolitano, Ann & Tony’s has been passed through four generations of the Napolitano family. They have been serving classic Italian-American cuisine for over 90 years on Arthur Avenue.
- Antonio’s Trattoria – All their dishes are based on authentic, traditional recipes that emulate nonna’s home cooking. The voluminous menu includes entrées with fresh local ingredients, handmade pastas, Italian American comfort food, and more. Their motto is “when you’re here, you’re family.” Note their restaurant week offering is 15% off the regular à la carte food menu.
- Arthur Avenue Fiasco – With all their pasta made in-house, this Italian-American eatery is part of Chef Roberto Paciullo’s restaurant group which also owns and operates Roberto’s Restaurant and Zero Otto Nove in the neighborhood.
- Gerbasi Ristorante – Known for their homemade pasta and fresh mozzarella, this Italian ristorante is also owned and operated by locals who treat each guest as family.
- Mario’s Restaurant – Celebrating their 100th Anniversary this year, Mario’s is the first restaurant to join the portfolio of specialty stores in the Arthur Avenue Centennial Club. Notables who have dined at Mario’s include Elizabeth Taylor, Governor Rockefeller, Anna Moffo, Martin Scorsese and others, while a scene of HBO’s The Sopranos was filmed at the restaurant. Restaurant week menu is available for dinner only.
- MichaelAngelo’s – With over 20 years of experience, this Arthur Avenue family-owned and operated restaurant features a brick oven and sources locally grown produce and meat. The large welcoming space has a unique layout, with the kitchen in the front and the seating in the back of the restaurant.
- MangiPasta – Inspired by genuine experiences, authentic friendships, and real conversations, MangiPasta opened in 2018 as the newest fast casual eatery and believes in the Italian tradition of crafting homemade pasta from scratch. Co-owned by a couple who hails from Naples, MangiPasta cooks strictly Italian cuisine and has a passion for fresh produce which drives them to use only the finest ingredients, prepared on-site, by hand, every day. Honoring this legacy of authentic dining is at the heart of everything they do.
- San Gennaro Ristorante – Born in Capua near Caserta in Italy, Chef & Owner Gennaro Martinelli was trained in Paris and attended the French Culinary Institute, then opened various restaurants in Belgium and toured the world with various culinary projects in Austria, Kenya, Thailand, Brazil and Switzerland. Chef Martinelli opened San Gennaro on Arthur Avenue in 2014, serving true Italian dishes with imported and local ingredients and handmade pastas.
Full menus for participating restaurants can be found at www.bronxlittleitaly.com and reservations can be made directly with each restaurant.