Holiday Lights is officially back at the Bronx Zoo! After years of hoping it would return, this year’s Holiday Lights is bigger, brighter, and greener than ever! The experience features thousands of lights, animal lanterns, animated sculptures, carolers, ice carving, a holiday train and more.
Astor Court looks magical covered in lights, with a Christmas tree that displays fun animal themed animation- complete with sounds. There are both classical holiday light displays as well as some really awesome animal installations.
As you make your way around, keep your eye out for roaming carolers. There’s nothing like beautiful holiday lights and Christmas tunes to get one into the holiday spirit. You’ll also spot costumed characters throughout the zoo.
Everywhere you turn there are some fun surprises- and plenty of photo opps.
Head to Dancing Crane Plaza to watch live ice carving before making your way to the decked out Bug Carousel.
The Lanterns will be sure to blow you away- especially this amazing display near the Butterfly house.
The real animals might be asleep, but the illuminated safari is a real treat.
Stop and make s’mores and warm up by the fire.
And pretend to be swallowed by a giant illuminated shark!
Running from November 21st to January 5th, be sure to make your way to the Bronx Zoo to experience a magical night to remember.
We’re also excited to share a special discount code for Bronxmama readers! Use code BRONXMAMA to receive 15% off on Holiday Lights tickets.
- Holiday Lights is open from 5-9pm Sunday to Thursday and 5-10pm Friday and Saturday.
- Holiday Lights takes place on the following: Nov 21 – 24, Nov 29-30, Dec 1 – 31st (closed 12/24 and 12/25), and Jan 3 – 5
- Tickets starting at $22.95
- WCS Members who have a Zoos, Zoos PLUS or Legacy level get FREE access to Holiday Lights on preview days (Nov 21-24). WCS Conservation Supporters, Conservation Fellows, Conservation Partners, Patrons, and Heritage Circle Members have FREE access to the entire Holiday Lights program. Exclusive Member discount (40% off) is available for all other dates. Holiday Lights is free for Conservation Supporter level and above.
- Bronx River and Southern Boulevard are the two open gates to enter through
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit bronxzoo.com/holiday-lights.
Discount Info: Use code BRONXMAMA for 15% off on web orders only for non members. Valid thru 1/05/2020. Can only be applied to 10x per order. Can only be used 1x per email.