It’s officially the end of August. And while I’m all about pumpkin spice and cute fall sweaters, I was not ready to let summer go just yet. If you’re feeling like me, perhaps the current Labor Day sale Emirates has going on can extend your summer happiness. So if you’re feeling spontaneous or have been dying to plan your next destination and want to experience a more luxurious way to fly, check out these sales:
Select destination Economy Class fares start from*:
- USD $599 to Athens**
- USD $649 to Milan***
- USD $769 to Dubai
- USD $849 to Bangladesh
- USD $899 to Hyderabad
- USD $799 to Mumbai
Select destination Business Class fares start from*:
- USD $2,999 to Athens**
- USD $2,999 to Milan***
- USD $5,349 to Dubai
- USD $4,199 to Bangladesh
- USD $3,899 to Hyderabad
- USD $3,899 to Mumbai
The sale began on August 30, 2017 and ends at 11:59pm EDT on September 5, 2017. Here’s what you need to know:
- Economy Class travel is valid from September 6, 2017 through December 18, 2017 and December 24, 2017 through March 27, 2018 to Athens (ATH) and Milan (MXP). Economy Class travel to other destinations from the twelve U.S. gateways is valid from September 11, 2017 through December 7, 2017 and December 29, 2017 through May 23, 2018, and travel must be completed on or before July 8, 2018. Business Class travel is valid from September 9, 2017 through December 12, 2017 and December 25, 2017 through July 8, 2018 to all destinations, and travel must be completed on or before July 15, 2018.
- Customers can plan ahead and book Economy and Business class fares with direct service to Dubai and onward destinations such as Mumbai, Hyderabad, and Bangladesh, as well as direct service to Athens from Newark Liberty International Airport and Milan from John F. Kennedy International Airport.
So where should you go?
- For those looking to head to Europe during the holidays or next spring, will be able to view the beauty of Athens, and escape to Santorini and surrounding islands, or hit the slopes in Alavrita Ski Center in the Peloponessos to experience the best of everything Greece has to offer. Shoppers looking indulge can head into Milan for Spring Fashion Week in February or hit the slopes in the Italian Alps to relax. Those flying to Milan can seamlessly visit surrounding areas through Emirates partnership with Trenitalia to see beyond Milan.
- A trip to Dubai is a must for families, friends, business, and leisure travelers. When visiting Dubai, passengers can take in the futuristic architecture and the vibrant traditional culture and diversity. Dubai offers everything a traveler could want, from shopping at some of the largest malls in the region, relaxing on the beach, taking in the sparkling views of the gulf, kite surfing, skydiving, or sand surfing in the desert. Among the latest must-see places in the dynamic city are Dubai Parks and Resorts, which features three distinct theme parks – Motiongate™, Bollywood Parks™ and LEGOLAND®. Spread over 25 million square feet, and equivalent to 420 football fields, the parks combined have more than 100 rides and attractions. Other tourist hot-spots inaugurated in 2016 include IMG World of Adventures – the largest indoor theme park in the world and the Dubai water canal – a 3.2km long waterway which winds its way to the Arabian Gulf from the Creek in Old Dubai.
- For academics and thrill-seekers alike, India presents the chance to scale world-renowned mountains to see some of the world’s oldest artifacts. You can step back in time in Old Delhi, getting lost among dozens of stands in the winding, medieval bazaars, or indulge in the local fare by grabbing some chaat papdi (fried wafers loaded with potatoes, chickpeas, yoghurt and chilli). For history buffs, the iconic Taj Mahal is many people’s first stops, but the Elephanta Island (a UNESCO World Heritage site) off the coast of Mumbai allows travelers to get out of the city and appreciate the majesty of India’s beautiful architecture.
Passengers can take advantage of Emirates’ partnerships with JetBlue Airways, Alaska Airlines, and Virgin America, allowing for connections to and from more than 100 destinations across the U.S., Canada, Caribbean and Mexico. Emirates also now accepts the TSA PreCheck program on flights departing from the USA, making passengers’ travel experience more convenient.
Emirates’ customers will have access to premium food and beverage offerings, all while relaxing over fine wines, cocktails and hors d’oeuvres prepared by five-star chefs. All travelers will experience Emirates’ award-winning service and innovation as they will have access to ice, Emirates’ award-winning inflight entertainment system offering more than 2,500 channels of on-demand entertainment at every seat, gourmet regionally inspired dishes, complimentary wines, and dedicatedchildren’s menus and activities. Emirates travelers will experience first-hand the excellent inflight service from a multilingual Cabin Crew representing over 130 nationalities and more than 60 languages. What’s more, Business Class will enjoy the comfort and luxury of Emirates’ outstanding service, from the moment they leave home via Emirates’ complimentary Chauffeur-drive.
Emirates currently serves 12 U.S. gateways with service to Dubai–Newark (EWR) via Athens, Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Orlando (MCO), Chicago (ORD), Boston (BOS), San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), Seattle (SEA), Dallas (DFW), Houston (IAH), Washington (IAD) and New York (JFK), including two trans-Atlantics route between New York (JFK) and Milan Malpensa (MXP) and between New York (EWR) and Athens (ATH), as well as freighter services to Atlanta and Columbus. Emirates passengers in Detroit, Raleigh Durham, Charlotte, Tampa, Denver, Portland, and Phoenix can connect through Boston, New York or Seattle with codeshare partners JetBlue or Alaska Airlines.
For more information on Emirates, including how to book and a complete list of terms and conditions, contact your travel agent or visit: www.emirates.com