Last month we had the opportunity to take the 2016 Hyundai Tucson for a spin. Departing from The Park NYC downtown, we jumped in and followed a pre-planned route to the Seven Lakes in the Hudson Valley. It was a beautiful scenic route and we were really able to see how the Tucson was for both a driver and passenger. With reclining backseats, even the person who didn’t call shotgun in time will be riding comfortable.
Designed in Germany, the design of the Tucson was described to us as, “an animal ready to pounce on its prey.” As you can see from the pics, the exterior truly is sleek and well designed.
Another aspect of this crossover that we thought was great was the thought put into the wind noise, road noise, and idle noise. Living in the city, it’s great to know that you can just shut the world out on your way around the boroughs and only hear the sounds of the city when you want to.
The 2016 Tucson also has more cargo capacity than a mid luxury SUV- which is great for families with lots of items taking up the storage space. You can even lower the floor of the cargo area to gain even more space if need be. In addition, we love the hands free feature: if your hands are full the liftgate will automatically open for you as long as your keys are on you. Definitely one of our favorite features as a family with small children and lots to carry.
And if you’re wondering about the gas?
|EPA MILEAGE ESTIMATES/FUEL CAPACITY||SE||ECO||SPORT||LIMITED|
|City/Highway/Combined (Front Wheel Drive)||23 / 31 / 26||26 / 33 / 29||25 / 30 / 27||25 / 30 / 27|
|City/Highway/Combined (All Wheel Drive)||21 / 26 / 23||25 / 31 / 27||24 / 28 / 26||24 / 28 / 26|
|Fuel tank capacity (gal.)||16.4||16.4||16.4||16.4|
- The 5-inch color touchscreen audio system with a rearview camera is standard on the 2016 Tucson
- available touchscreen navigation system
- The Hands-free Smart Liftgate opens automatically when it senses the Proximity Key is behind the vehicle within three feet for more than three seconds
- standard driver seat that can be configured 6 ways and an available power 8-way seat.
- available heated rear seats, plus rear-seat air vents are included to cool down or warm up second-row passengers
(Info from Hyundai)
If you’re in the market for a new crossover, check out the new 2016 Hyundai Tucson and let us know what you think! Check out www.hyundai.com for more information.