If you find yourself looking for some outdoor fun this summer, consider jumping in the car- or on the train- and making your way over to Coney Island. For some it’s a place that hasn’t been visited since childhood, and others it’s a frequented summer destination. For us, it’s the perfect way to spend a summer Friday night while visiting friends in yes… Brooklyn!
We recently had a chance to join the Alliance for Coney Island for their Family Blogger Day- a fun day where NYC bloggers and our children were able to get together for some fun in the sun and to experience what Coney Island has to offer. As bloggers we can go on and on about how great something is, but it’s when the kids have smiles from ear to ear- that you know it’s seriously kid approved.
Here’s what we love about Coney Island:
- The beach! It’s great to have a boardwalk filled with fun right off the sand. In the summer, there are firework displays every Friday night. This makes it perfect for day, night, or both!
- Of course, the rides! Kids love rides. At Luna Park, there is something for everyone. Plenty of fun rides for the little ones, and some bigger rides for the brave ones.
- The food- lots of food options to choose from! Boardwalk food is always fun.
- The adult fun- while Coney Island is very family friendly, it still makes for a great date night with plenty of places to stop for a drink or simply picnic in the sand.
- The Brooklyn Cyclones- these games are super affordable and fun!
- The Aquarium- when you’re already at the ocean, why not visit the underwater creatures! *Hint: Don’t forget that membership you picked up at the Bronx Zoo is also good for the aquarium!
- and more!
If you’re just having a day at the beach and want to enjoy a ride or two, you can easily purchase just a few credits. Or, if you plan to spend the day, there are some great wrist band options. For $35 you can get a 4 hour wristband and enjoy as many rides as you want in that time period.
Luna Park also offers a great birthday package which includes 3 hours of ride time and an hour in their party room. Read more about their packages here.
Be sure to make a visit to Coney Island this summer- or year round!- and have a fun family day in the sun. Be sure to use #ConeyIslandFun when you do! For more information, visit coneyislandfunguide.com.