Looking for summercamp and summer programs in the Bronx? We’ve compiled a list of camps and programs that have been sent our way over the years. Please connect with the camp directly for more information and to confirm accuracy.
NYC public schools are currently offering the Summer Rising program- open to all NYC public school students- registration is currently under way. Learn more here.
We will continue to add to this list. If you’d like to add your camp or suggest one that you know of, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene has a list of summer camps that you can search by borough or zip code. You can also do an advance search for those that offer swimming programs.
- ACBX provides a physical and cultural arts camp like no other! Through the scope of the rich Brazilian art of Capoeira, campers explore self-defense, drumming, music, dance, language, acrobatics as well as nature-focused and community-based activities in local parks. Learn more and register at www.acbx.org/camp
- Bartow Pell Mansion offers three weeklong sessions called BPMM Adventures. Children entering grades 1 through 6 are invited to spend a week at Bartow-Pell Mansion Museum from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. having fun and learning about gardening, sustainability, and local history. This unique program mixes core activities in the organic children’s garden with exploration of the 19th-century mansion, the Northeast Woodlands wigwam, and family life in both. Kids will also enjoy engaging crafts, wildlife investigations, creative cooking, nature hikes, and more.
- Bronx House located on Pelham Parkway offers Day Camp for different age groups including a Teen Travel Day Camp.
- The Bronx Zoo offers several options for day camp for different age ranges.
- Bronx YMCA offers both day camp and sleepaway camp.
- Bronxworks has two locations for summer camp.
- Confetti Kids Summer Fun Program offers six weeks of fun for ages 6 to 10
- Fancy Feet Dance Studio offers Performing Arts Day camp at their locations.
- Fieldston Outdoors offers day camp for children pre-k to 6th grade. The program offers swimming, drama, yoga, and more.
- Happy Tots LLC offers daycare, preschool and afterschool program.
- Hostos Basketball Academy enables players of all ability levels to refine their skills in every aspect of the game, engaging in 1 on 1, 2 on 2, 3 on 3, and full court contests and games. Areas of focus include the fundamentals of shooting, dribbling, passing, moving with and without the ball, post moves, rebounding, fast breaks, footwork drills, communication, group dynamics, and leadership both on and off the court. The Basketball Academy’s coaching staff of Pro-Athletes and college coaches are dedicated to teaching skill development, proper technique, and overall court awareness with and without the ball, preparing players to be in top form for season play while having a fun summer.
- Kingsbridge Heights Community Center offers a summer program for kids ages 6 to 14.
- Kips Bay Boys and Girls Club have summer programs
- Lehman College Summer Camp An exciting summer awaits your child in the Lehman College summer day camp held on its 37-acre, tree-lined campus in the northwest Bronx. Half day /Full day options with flexible payments are available. Free breakfast and lunch is provided for all campers. Activities include swimming in an Olympic-size pool, basketball, martial arts, dance, technology, art and crafts, academic enrichment, and much more. The camp is licensed by the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. Registration for July and August summer camp is currently underway for kids ages 6-16.
- Mosholu Day Camp picks up children from different bus stops throughout the Bronx and brings them to their campground in Bear Mountain for lots of summer fun.
- NYC Parks offer Summer Camps at some Recreation Centers in the Bronx. Last year’s camp activities included: arts and crafts, computer classes, cultural and educational trips, field games (kickball, soccer, wiffleball, relay races), outdoor activities with the Parks’ Urban Park Rangers, such as bird watching, canoeing, fishing and hiking, and sports clinics.
- Peek-A-Boo Daycare and Summer Camp is located in Parkchester and accepts children from 6 weeks to 12 years
- Phipps Neighborhood offers a full day camp program.
- Pink Princess offers fun drop in camps during most school breaks.
- Preston Center of Compassion offers a summer recreation program on campus at Preston High School. Activities include: Swimming at Maritime College, Arts and Crafts, Dance and Creative Movement, Videography, Indoor and Outdoor sports and activities, Boating and Marine life at Maritime College, Indoor and Outdoor games, Robotics, and Free Lunch for Campers.
- Ready, Set, Learn is a day camp in the Bronx, near Lincoln Hospital, offers child care, after school and summer camp services, including daily classes in art, drama, music, reading and more
- Riverdale Y offers summer day programs for children of different ages.
- South Bronx Educational Foundation offers a variety of after-school programs at its two program centers, Crotona Achievement Center (for boys and high school men) and Rosedale Achievement Center (for girls and high school ladies) All programs are held after-school or on Saturdays and run during most of the academic year, from September to May. The programs challenge the boys and girls to develop their character and to improve their academic ability so as to attain better results in school. Activities include tutoring on core subjects, character mentoring, chess and other intellectual games, sports in the park, and trips to various cultural sites.
- South Bronx United has offered summer camps in the past. Contact them for this years programs.
- St. Andrews Church on Castle Hill offers an 8 week program.
- Summer History Camp at Van Cortlandt House Museum gives campers the chance to go back in time to the 18th century!
- The Children’s Aid Society offers several camp options, including a camp located in Chappaqua, NY in which the children are bused to and from the camp every day from select locations in Manhattan, the Bronx and Westchester.
- The Fresh Air Fund The Fresh Air Fund provides New York City children from low-income communities with free, safe, and fun summer experiences.
- The New York Botanical Garden offers fun summer camp options.
- Turtle Cove Golf Center will be offering a PGA Junior Golf Camp in June.
- Young People’s Day Camp offers free transportation included with their camp price.
Is your program listed here? Contact us about further ad options to highlight your summer camp. Email email@example.com
We also offer sidebar, top banner, and newsletter advertising options.
This serves as a guide to easily find Bronx Summer Camps. Bronxmama does not endorse any of these organizations or camps. It is still up to you to do the appropriate research and find the best camp for your child. Feel free to leave comments below to recommend or tell parents about a camp that is listed so that others can learn more about the programs.