On Thursday, September 8th, Barilla will rev up its engines for the race to Casa Barilla! Five Barilla-branded FIAT cars will zip through the Bronx and visit a local Italian treasure. Drivers and brand ambassadors will hand out free tickets for entry into Casa Barilla to everyone who stops by, and the first five New Yorkers who check in with a Barilla car’s location via FourSquare at select locations will win two VIP vouchers to Andrea Bocelli Live in Central Park, to be redeemed for tickets inside Casa Barilla by noon on Wednesday, September 14.
The address and timing is only announced the day of via @BarillaUS on Twitter andBarilla’s Facebook page. Be sure to check back to see where the Fiats will be stopping every day through September 14th!
About Casa Barilla: September 13 – September 16
The culmination of Barilla’s Summer of Italy is Casa Barilla, a four-day celebration of Italian culture and cuisine in Central Park’s Rumsey Playfield. New Yorkers can bring their families and friends along to taste, learn, cook, play and share during authentic Italian cooking classes, sampling stations, chef workshops and a dedicated play area for children called the Piccolini Playground. Here, children can make dried pasta necklaces and roll out their own pasta dough.
A number of renowned chefs, food and television personalities are scheduled to appear at Casa Barilla, including:
- · Chef Massimo Bottura, awarded ‘Chef of the Year’ in January 2011 by Académie Internationale de la Gastronomie
- · Chef Scott Conant, of New York City’s Scarpetta restaurant
- · Chef Sara Jenkins, of New York City’s Porchetta and Porsena restaurants
- · Ellie Krieger, New York Times bestselling author, nutritionist and Food Network star
- · Chef Giuseppe Morisco, of FOX’s “MasterChef” series
- · Thom Filicia, interior designer and TV star
Visit SharetheTable.com/SummerofItaly for more information about Casa Barilla