*****Online registration for the summer camps will begin at 9 a.m. on March 11 and end at 11:59 p.m. on March 13.
Parks runs summer camp programs in recreation centers citywide for children ages 6-13 (except for Raymond O’Connor Camp). Please call the individual centers for specific information.
Each week, your child will:
- go on trips to places like zoos, parks, museums, NYC attractions, and other exciting cultural and educational institutions
- participate in sports and fitness activities
- create arts & crafts projects
- play team building and recreational games
- learn computers and technology
- swim at our pools
- and more!
Summer camp will take place from July 5 through August 19, 2011.
Regular day camps (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.): $500
Extended day camps (8 a.m. – 6 p.m.): $575 – Currently not offered at Red Hook, Staten Island or Queens.
Online registration for the summer camps will begin at 9 a.m. on March 11 and end at 11:59 p.m. on March 13. To ensure fairness, the registration will take place by lottery, which will randomly select applications from those who register.
- Only one application per child will be accepted; multiple applications will disqualify you from the lottery.
- There is no preferential treatment for siblings and/or past participants in our summer camp program.
- Entry in the lottery requires a computer and an email address.
The following recreation centers will offer onsite registration assistance on March 11th from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. and March 12th from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.:
- Owen Dolen
- St. James
- St. Mary’s
- Hunt’s Point
- Met Pool
- Red Hook
- St. John’s
- Tony Dapolito
- E 54th
- Hansborough – March 11th 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. only
- Pelham Fritz – March 12th 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. only
- Al Smith
All applicants will be notified by March 15 via phone and email if they have been selected. Any available spot still open after the lottery will be offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. After March 16, contact the camp you are interested in for more information.